Clinker Grinding Plant
CEM’IN’EU (Trading as Thamesport Cement UK) are planning to open a new cement grinding plant in the UK, in London Thamesport. Chovet DB2i have been appointed to provide equipment. The plant will be located on the Isle of Grain (Kent) 10 miles from the M2 motorway and 35 miles from London. In the past the side was used as a storage for oil tanks and later for containers.
The new cement grinding plant will be developed in phases on approximately 22,000m2. Phase 1 will include a raw material storage hall with a capacity of 25,000 tonnes, cement mill building, electrical distribution station, cement silo building with 6 silos, maintenance workshop and warehouse building, administrative and laboratory building and main income station. Phase 2 is the construction of second cement mill building (the same structure as the ﬁrst one).
Clinker will be transported by ship at the wharf located approximately 400m from the site and unloaded in a Raw Material Storage Hall. That area will also be used for a preparation of the raw material before processing inside the mill.
The manufactured cement will be then stored in 6 silos and later shipped by bulk cement trucks.
Rendel and Ingerop are providing technical assistance to:
- Ground investigation scoping and support
- Preliminary and detailed design of civil works
- Production of contract documents
- Assistance with procurement of civil works
- Supervision of the works including the duties of the Principal Designer in accordance with CDM (2015) Regulations
- Utilities and heavy industrial equipment
- Foundation design of raw material storage hall; cement mills buildings; main income station
- Foundation and superstructure design of cement silo building
- Complete design of maintenance workshop and warehouse building administrative and laboratory building
- Electrical distribution substation
- Highways design with pavements